From 1950 to 1976
1950 - Calisto Poggipolini founds the Poggipolini mechanical workshop in San Lazzaro near Bologna, working first for the medical and jewellery industries.
1971 - Poggipolini S.r.l produces the first special bolts made of titanium, an innovative material, unknown in Italy, which has mechanical and weight reduction properties. In this period, all the tools needed to process this new metal are redesigned.
1975 - During the first edition of the Bologna Motor Show, Poggipolini S.r.l introduces the first titanium bolt kit to reduce the weight of GP and motocross bikes. It was a great success!
During this period, Poggipolini enters a stage of great business transformation.
1976 - Orders increase. The company begins to provide fasteners and aluminium and titanium fittings to Ducati, Aprilia, Brembo and other companies and keeps on specialising in weight reduction systems.